Wellness Exams and Planning
Our wellness exams are designed as preventative care measure. Preventative healthcare centers on maintaining wellness and stopping health problems before they occur. Instead of waiting until you have a health concern, we make sure that you are in good health and we can catch health problems in early stages. This is especially important here in the El Paso, Texas area.
Wellness exams are typically annual and separate from other visits related to illness or injury. Wellness exams are usually covered by insurance, however your insurance might not cover all expenses involved with the visit, such as labs or tests. So we can communicate with them to make sure we are getting you the best care and that it is covered. Most insurance plans pay for one wellness exam every year, so please make sure to take advantage of this important checkup. However, plans do vary.
Wellness exams provide your doctor with update on your general health. They help guide the doctor and you to create a plan to promote better health and catch health problems early.
These exams may include:
- A physical examination
- Checking your vitals
- Checking BMI and body mass
- Examination of personal and family medical histories
- Discussion of current lifestyle and health behaviors
- Shots and immunizations
- Establishing a plan for your health
- Screenings may vary depending on age, risk, and gender. During your wellness exam you may receive screening for cholesterol, blood pressure, diabetes, mammogram, pap test, osteoporosis, or STDs.